Thursday, October 11, 2012

Don't forget to stretch!

Last week I finally had some time to sit down and sew a little, and realized I had been neglecting my stretching routine and I was really feeling it. I thought back to all of the times I've had conversations with quilters who love to sew but suffer back and leg pain which only gets worse when sitting in their sewing chairs for hours on end. I was suffering now too, so I decided to get up, turn on some music, and take ten minutes to stretch out. Whew, what a difference! When I sat back down, I felt better...way better. I had more energy and really enjoyed my sewing that much more. That being said, I came into work at www.quiltfabriccloseouts.com and said to the girls...let's stretch!! We actually grabbed some bolts and had a little fun, but found out how much we needed to take those few minutes for ourselves. It helped our productivity and we felt soooo much better. So, the lesson for all the quilt diva wannabes out there is this - take time to keep your body happy and healthy. Just a few minutes a day to stretch out will make all the difference not only at home and work, but also at hobby time.





No comments: