Thursday, November 12, 2009

Holiday Aspirations

Well, I dont know about anyone else, but with Christmas coming near the "little" list in my head of what I want to make for who starts multiplying quickly. Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays, and when the fabrics for it come out in June I cringe and think, "Why are they selling these so early?" Now that it's November I'm kicking myself for not starting all of these projects sooner.

How many of us feel guilty if we take time away from other things to quilt, sew, or just "craft" a little? I know I do. If I am making a gift for someone I will get it done because there is a purpose to it, but when it comes to making things to keep for myself, I don't give myself permission. Why do we so often do this? Hmmm...maybe this year santa will put "sewing hours" coupons in my stocking, and I won't feel guilty when I use one!

One really cool thing that has been happening in the fabric industry over the past few years is the deviation from traditional Christmas colors in fabric collections. I for one was so excited to see navy blues, purples, mints, and an array of other colors used to create beautiful holiday collections. It makes it so much more fun to play! So, what's been your favorite collection this year? It's so hard to choose isn't it? Let's give ourselves permission to steal a few minutes of sewing enjoyment during this crazy busy season we're embarking on. Have fun!

No comments: